A small bathroom remodel might seem like an ideal DIY project, but there are several considerations you’ll need to take into account before attempting this upgrade on your own. Before you start demolishing cabinets, walls, floors, and other existing fixtures or surfaces, you may want to ask:
- Do you know what’s underneath? Older tile tends to be very difficult and expensive to remove, and old cabinets/fixtures could be hiding deterioration.
- Will you be concealing plumbing, or leaving some exposed for a more industrial look? If you plan to hide it all—how?
- Have you taken drainage into account for major tub and shower remodels?
- Would more wall insulation help get rid of that post-shower chill?
- Does your shower spray water on the floor? Does your tub leak? This may be the time to tackle those issues.
As you can see, bathroom remodeling isn’t necessarily only cosmetic—and sometimes you’ll discover new problems or realize you need more costly solutions halfway through a DIY job. Instead of putting your project and your budget at risk, choose Marroquin Homes LLC for all of your bathroom remodeling needs. Our experienced remodeling contractors are fully licensed and insured. We’ll guide you through the process step by step, giving you a finished product that’s exactly what you’ve been dreaming of. With our expert assistance, a small bathroom remodel can make a big change in your residential space. If you live in Bergen County or the surrounding area, call at (201) 754-8905 for more!